Those in attendance will have a chance to:
- Connect with automotive thought leaders from around the world
- Meet new players in the industry and explore strategic partnerships
- Learn how OEMs are leveraging their assets beyond their core business
- Hear updates on demand patterns in the global automotive market
- Explore the latest breakthroughs in connectivity and automation
Scheduled speakers include:
- Mike Abelson, Vice President, Global Strategy, General Motors
- David Baga, Chief Business Officer, Lyft
- Filip Brabec, Vice President, Product Management, Audi of America
- Peter Campbell, Motor Industry Correspondent, Financial Times
- Matt Carpenter, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Audi of America
- Stephen Lesh, Head of Vehicle Programs, Uber Advanced Technologies Group
- Darren Palmer, Global Director, Battery Electric Vehicles Product Development, Ford
- Chadd Price, Head of Product Planning, Hyundai America Technical Center
- Maarten Sierhuis, Chief Technology Director, Nissan Research Center
- Christine Sitek, Chief Operating Officer, Global Connected Customer Experience, General Motors
- Chris Urmson, Co-Founder and CEO, Aurora
- Gareth Williams, Executive Director of Advanced Development, Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
Among the key topics of discussion at the summit will be:
- How are OEMs and new players in the automotive market competing and collaborating?
- Do the cost and consumer demand for self-driving cars stack up financially?
- How could regulation change with increased connectivity and automation?
- What are the emerging cyber-security risks associated with connected cars?
- What are the prospects for electric cars in the mass-market over the next five years?
- How will increased durability and longevity of vehicles affect traditional business models?
- How will automotive supply chains of the future be different?
- How will the insurance industry adapt to the rise of autonomous vehicles?
Tickets to the FT Future of the Car Summit USA and more information can be found at: https://live.ft.com/Events/2018/FT-Future-of-the-Car-Summit-USA
Interested media can apply for credentials here: https://bit.ly/2xNedHx. Limited passes are available.
About the FT
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community. https://www.ft.com/