Matt Myftiu has been a journalist for two decades with a focus on technology, NASCAR and autos.
As SUVs continue to top the list of most carbuyers’ wish lists, and more and more automakers expand their offerings, it’s a constant struggle to keep up. One of GMC’s top offerings is its three-row mid-size offering, the GMC Acadia, which battles such category heavyweights as the Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and newcomer Volkswagen Atlas.
After some time driving a 2018 Acadia, I’m back with a full report on how it holds up in the category.
Versatility and space is key with any SUV. And the good news is that the 2018 Acadia offers a healthy amount of storage room with the second and third rows down. It’s also very easy to lower the seats, and even with the seats up there is easy access to the Acadia’s third row. Be aware though, the back seat is pretty tight and I would recommend for kids only whenever possible.
The leather-appointed seating in the Denali model I tested was quite comfortable.
I had a 6-passenger setup (2/2/2), but you can also opt for a seven-passenger version.
Other niceties included heated and ventilated front seats. Optional second-row heated seats; leather wrapped steering wheel; LED daytime running lights; 20-inch polished aluminum wheels; and a sunroof. Denali touches make it shine inside (wood accents) and out (grille).
A total of 19 Team Chevy Camaro ZL1 drivers will start the FireKeepers 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race at Michigan International Speedway. The 200-lap/400-mile contest around the 2-mile venue is scheduled to begin at , ET. Live coverage will be available on FOX, MRN Radio, Sirius NASCAR Radio Channel 90 and NASCAR.com.
CHEVROLET DRIVERS STARTING IN THE TOP-15:
- Ryan Newman, No. 31 Okuma Camaro ZL1, will start 11th
- Chase Elliott, No. 24 Mountain Dew/Little Caesars Camaro ZL1, will start 13th
- William Byron, No. 24 Liberty University Camaro ZL1, will start 14th
TEAM CHEVY IN MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES COMPETITION:
- Chevrolet has won 39 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Manufacturer Championships
- Team Chevy drivers have scored 776 wins and 695 poles in MENCS competition
CHEVROLET ON THE TRACK—MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY:
- Chevrolet drivers have won 26 of 97 races at Michigan International Speedway. Victories by current Team Chevy drivers are:
- Jimmie Johnson, No. 48 Lowe’s for Pros Camaro ZL1, has made one trip to Victory Lane at Michigan International Speedway (’14)
- Kasey Kahne, No. 95 Camaro ZL1, has one victory at Michigan International Speedway (’06)
- Kyle Larson, No. 42 Credit One Bank Camaro ZL1, earned his first career victory at Michigan International Speedway in 2016 and followed that up with a season sweep at the 2-mile venue in 2017 giving him three career victories at MIS
- Ryan Newman, No. 31 Camaro ZL1, has two trophies from Michigan International Speedway (’03 & ’04)
- A Chevrolet driver has won five of the last eight races at Michigan International Speedway
- A Chevrolet driver has sat on the pole at Michigan International Speedway 27 times
- Team Chevy drivers have scored 177 top-five and 356 top-10 finishes at Michigan International Speedway
- A Chevrolet has led 7,122 laps (37.0% of possible 19,233 laps) at Michigan International Speedway
-- Courtesy of Chevy Racing
BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Brad Keselowski, a native of Rochester Hills, has never been shy about expressing his thoughts … no matter what the folks in charge may think.
When Goodyear announced the tire they were bringing to Michigan in the wake of a tire test Keselowski had participated in, he wasn’t happy with the choice, and asked for his name to be taken off the press release.
And when the topic comes to the package run at the All-Star race (which provided some great, tight racing) being expanded to other tracks this year and beyond, he definitely was not on board.
Speaking Friday at Michigan International Speedway, a track where Keselowski is still seeking his elusive first Cup win, the 2012 Cup champion didn’t hold back on his thoughts.
Regarding the tire controversy, Keselowski reiterated Friday what he had indicated in the tweet earlier this week: That he is not happy with the choice and doesn’t want to be seen as endorsing it.
“I like Greg Stucker and Goodyear a lot but I didn’t like my name on the press release because I felt it was an endorsement to something that I didn’t endorse. I didn’t endorse the decision to bring this tire here and I didn’t want my name attached to that,” he said.
BROOKLYN, Mich. – Michigan International Speedway has a full weekend of entertainment planned.
Fans can check out www.mispeedway.com/entertainment for all the entertainment options that are planned for the June race week at MIS. Guests will want to arrive extra early this season to take advantage of all the options that are available.
Before the drivers are introduced for the FireKeepers Casino 400, Mike Green will entertain the crowd. The comedian has toured the United States performing stand up and making people laugh at every stop. On June 10 he will be live on the pre-race stage at Michigan International Speedway.
Guests will want to be in their seat early to see the human cannon ball before the FireKeepers Casino 400. Don't miss David "The Bullet" Smith AGT, the World's Most Accomplished human cannonball, as he flies through the air above the tri-oval. Smith has been featured on America's Got Talent and is a Guinness World Record holder.